Monday, December 12, 2011

So much inspiration... So much fun!


So I had such a good time last month when I entered the challenge on Nikki Sivils' blog (especially when I won) that I just had to do it again this month! And of course, it sure helped with inspiration and motivation when I received my prize package! It was the "School is Cool" paper and embellishments kit! And then when they announced that this month's challenge was to use photos taken with your cell phone, well, I couldn't have been happier! I have the perfect photos to go with the perfect papers!

This will forever be one of my favorite photos of Jaren as he walked into school on his first day of kindergarten. As I walked in behind him, it struck me how confident, excited and sure of himself that he was. And to me, how small he still seemed... I just had to snap a picture. And then later that fall, as the leaves changed colors and the sun rose later in the mornings, I snapped another photo looking at the school and those same doors from across the street at Keira's house. How many times I watch through the window to the school across the street and wonder what he's doing. It just always makes me feel that everyday, I have to "let him go so I can let him grow..." Just wish he'd stop doing it so quickly!

The patterned paper, buttons, letters and arrows are Nikki Sivils. The cardstock is "Scrapbook Sally" and the only other embellishments I used was Ranger Glossy Accents, Craft & Glitz Red glitter, pop dots and Marvy Uchida Le Plume pen in Blue.



I wanted to highlight the red school house door on the embellishment so I used some Ranger Glossy Accents and then sprinkled it with Craft & Glitz Red glitter so it has a little texture plus a little bling to it. I also used the Ranger Glossy Accents on the other smaller school house doors so they stand out just a little in the background.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. How awesome is this???!!!! So very proud of how far you've come along and getting recognized for your work is just the icing on the cupcake!!! Keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooooo sweet!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that photo and the title!!! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Nikki Sivils! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that school page! And congrats again for winning last month!

    ReplyDelete