Wednesday, December 28, 2011

So Cute and So Useful!

So for Christmas this year, one of my projects was to make some mini-gift bags.  Because we end up mostly exchanging gift cards with the other family members, I thought this was a cute way to package them.  I ended up with 5 bags that measure about 5" tall when finished.  For each bag, I used 2 - 6" x 6" pieces of paper from Nikki Sivils' "North Pole Nights" mini pad of papers.  I love that they aren't all in red and green as most of my Christmas decorations aren't necessarily 'traditional' Christmas colors!  I then added some miscellaneous ribbons and embellishments from my stash and voila!  Because the papers are such good quality, they are strong, sturdy gift bags.  They ended up being so cute, I couldn't give them away and so now have a head-start for next year's gift giving!

For this one, I traced some of the design in the corner and added some Craft & Glitz Micro Glitter to give it a little extra bling.  And for the tag, that's from the packaging from some Nikki Sivils' buttons packages that I cut out after using the buttons on another project!

A Creative Memories sticker plus some Nikki Sivils stickers, my Marvy Uchida Border punch and some leftover ribbon made for a very pretty package!

Harmonie Peel & Sticks stickers livened up this cute little bag... hope I pick Mom's name for next year!

After adding the tag, the snowflakes, ribbon and candy cane button, I thought it cude use just a little extra 'punch' so I added some self-adhesive gems to the Christmas tree for some dimensional tree decorations...

The label here is a Nikki Sivils sticker and then to have it stand out just a little more, I used some decorative edge scissors in the same scallop design to cut out a bigger circle in the green cardstock.  I then used Pop Dots to adhere both the sticker to the cardstock and then the cardstock to the gift bag.

Such a lot of fun!  I think I'll be making some birthday bags next! Now to buy presents to fit in these cute little containers!

No comments:

Post a Comment