Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

So another Christmas has passed and now we're starting the annual debate of what to do for New Year's but I wanted to take a moment to show off this year's Christmas decorations and handmade gifts.  I've been feeling extra crafty this year and inspired to do some fun creations!



Inspiration for both of these projects was found at http://www.rubberstampingdiva.com/ when Allison Orthner directed me there through her t.v. program.  The snowmen are 3 Lindt chocolate bars with the pdf print out of the faces / buttons etc.  Then I used some scrap ribbon for the scarfs and cut up some of Jaren's old socks for the hats.  We gave these out as teachers' gifts and were they ever a hit!  The candy cane star is pretty much just that... candy canes and peppermint candies.  The website said to use hot glue but I used my heat embossing gun to melt the candy and 'weld' them together.  (Thanks David for the heat idea...)  So far, it's staying together very well and is hanging proudly on my wall!  I'm thinking I'd like to try some mini candy canes and make some stars for the tree for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment