Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Round Two of the Supreme Scrapbook Tournament


OK, so I made it to Round 2 of the Supreme Scrapbook Tournament!  By 1 vote, but I made it!  And I'm so glad I did because this was a challenging layout that I might not have done for a long time if I wasn't working on the Tournament page and by their rules.  We had to do a double page layout with at least 1 black and white photo, at least 1 that overlaps the 2 pages and completely MONOCHROMATIC with papers and embellishments!  No black, no white (unless that's the only 'color') and no ink unless it goes with the color scheme!  My 'color' scheme is pale yellow / cream/ off-white.  I used a printed velum and a burlap piece along with lace, doilies, flowers and embossed cut-outs... all for texture.  And also for a lot of symbolic representations, like how it's lacey and feminine and smooth but then the burlap represents the fact that the future can also be rough and unexpected...   

It was fun and I'm so happy with the results...

No comments:

Post a Comment